Thursday, January 26, 2006

Words

The Oriental Odalisque

I spend most of my time drafting letters at my office and reading (this shall include office minutes). I enjoy looking at words. I am not good with grammar. In fact even if I learn a third, fourth or fifth language, I will not have problems in remembering words. My problem is with the grammar.

I have learnt many languages at the intro level. I have made attempts on a few of Indo-European languages. But without a formal environment, I find it is hard for me to acquire those languages. It is a waste.

I do not know what is the short cut. I want to live in a house with many windows. Windows that lead to everywhere.One window that leads to the francophone world, another window to the Arab world, another one to the CIS world through Russian, not to forget Spanish and Portuguese windows that can lead me to the Latin American world.

Words are so important. From group of words, we can have a sentence. From a group of sentences, we can form a language.

I always want to reach out. Can words help me?

No comments: